Monday, April 27, 2009

When it rains...

Seemed like an appropriate title for today since we have been pummeled with rain and thunderstorms over the past few hours. It's actually great weather, in my opinion. I love the rain. All too soon, we will enter "eternal summer" here in the south. The months kind of roll on forever and the weather is exactly the same day after day. Ridiculously hot with no rain or clouds in sight. So, I try to enjoy days like today... cool, cloudy and rainy. I even appreciate the loud claps of thunder and lightning. Days like today are especially nice when I get to stay in with the girls and we stay in our jammies. Today was not one of those days...

We made yet another trip to the pediatrician today. Seriously, enough is enough. My poor Olivia has made more sick visits in her 4 short months than I believe Sofia has is all her 3 years. She has had a rash coming on for about a week. I called her doctor about it when it started and they told me as long as there was no fever, she was eating well and didn't seem lethargic or too bothered by it, just to keep an eye on it and bathe her in oatmeal baths. It seemed to be getting a bit better but never fully went away.

Last night it erupted with a vengeance. I took her in this morning and by the time I got there, her chest and belly looked horrible. We haven't changed anything. No new detergents, no new formula, no new lotions. We did change to a liquid bath soap with oatmeal, but only after the rash appeared. Anyway, it seems to be some sort of eczema. Poor kid. She now has to add an antihistamine and prescription strength cream to our nightly regimen. Is this poor kid ever going to catch a break? I mean seriously... Like I said, when it rains...

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Geez...bless her heart..I hope it gets better soon!!!

Where south are you guys? I'm in SC here but we were stuck with low 80s today. The humidity in the summer just kills me but right now it's pretty nice out.