Friday, April 3, 2009

Drum Roll Please...

I worked on my project yesterday! Finally... I decided I wanted to try to make those cute glass tile pendants that are all over etsy and ebay and other crafting blogs. It was really pretty easy. The hardest part was sizing down some photos because I really wanted some personalized ones for myself and possibly to give as gifts. The best thing is almost anything on paper will work. I made some others with scrapbook paper which we all knows comes in tons of fun colors and patterns. You can literally have one in in many, many colors to go with different outfits. They were so fun to make. I like having that much control over how my projects come out! That's me.. Miss Control Freak. (Hey, at least I admit it.) Waiting for the glass tiles and bails to come in was torture. Of course then, when I finally did get them, they sat in my kitchen for another week.


But, now that I know how, I can see me making many more of these. For myself, for family and friends, as gifts. I still have to perfect my skills but I do see it getting easier with each one. Did I mention how much fun these are to make. I think I am in love.

Here is how it started...





And here's how it ended up...


Notice the one of Sofia and Olivia together... How freakin' cute is that? I can't wait to wear that one. Also, the one of Sofia is her tutu. That's one of my favorite pictures of her and I love that I can wear it. And Nicolle, do you see your boy? I made this one for you and will get it to you soon! Then there are some fun, patterened ones. What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE those...I need to know more of how you made them..lol..
Where did you get the tiles..and the little loop thing at the top..also, are there two tiles (one in front and one in back? What kinda glue did you use? Sorry for all the questions..but i LOVE it! Thanks for a great idea!

Stephanie said...

Oh my Gosh!!!!!! PLEASE tell me how you did that...I have got to try it!!!!!! How'd you size the pics down and how in the world did you get them into necklaces...please please please tell :) Yes I'm begging HaHa

MJMILLS said...

OMG so you're giving me one of those right! hahahha.; joking! how fun! i can't wait to get one!

HappyascanB said...

So if I already felt like a regular on your blog, I'd say something like Shut UP! You totally made these!?!?! Since I don't know how appropriate that might be, I'm going to tell you I think they're awesome, and YOU ROCK! Are you going to sell them?

Nicolle said...

Seriously, those are AMAZING! You must sell those, they will sell like hotcakes! They're gorgeous.

I am sooooo thrilled that you made one for me of Boyd. OMG! You are awesome. Thank you!!!

The Lovebugs said...

My...you are just full of creativity, determination and talent! I am so proud of you! They look so great...they are so wonderful! YAY!!!

Laney