
I walked out of the bathroom and handed this to Jose. His smile said it all. The eternal optimist. He immediately curtailed my lifting of Sofia. He reminded me more times than I can count to be sure to call the doctor first thing the next morning. And before we fell asleep, he rubbed my belly for good luck. A scene played out countless more times over the next 9 months. I think the words "I just can't believe it" came out of my mouth about every 11 seconds. Jose swears he knew.
In some ways that seems so long ago but in most it seems like it all just happened. How can a year have passed already? And here we are with a 4 month old who defied the odds to get here.
Yes, one year ago today, our world was turned upside down in the best, scariest, most stressful, exciting and amazing way.


3 comments:
And how wonderfully it turned out...you have one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen!!!!!
What a precious memory! Thanks for sharing!
That is a great story and a great memory to have! :)
Post a Comment