Just wanted to say a quick "Happy Birthday" to my wonderful husband. He is spending his birthday painting our living room... again. We had painted (after a coat of tinted primer) our one large main wall and had it done but by the next morning and in the light of day, we could tell we weren't happy with it. It looked like we tried to match the color of our hallways (and the rest of the house) but we missed. It just didn't have the contrast we wanted. I was secretly hoping that meant the color I originally thought I wanted would become the front runner. So we slapped what was left of the sample back up on the wall. At first, I LOVED it. But as it dried it turned into some weird silver color. Definitely not what I wanted. I really wanted a grayish base. Not true gray per se, but something in the gray family. Clean. Contemporary. Lighter. Well, we ended up with a deeper neutral taupey color. Oatmeal actually. I'm not sure about it, but what's done is done. We can't keep going back and doing the same wall over and over. Our floors are set to be installed on Wednesday. It has to get done, so I will learn to live with it and hopefully love it.
So, back to business at hand. Happy Birthday to my hardworking husband. I know it's not how he wanted to spend his day. But, he is doing this for me. Photos coming soon of our work in progress!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
You say it's your birthday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jose!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!
Hope everything comes out the way you want it..I personally can't stand picking out paint!!
Happy Birtday! Can't wait to see pics!
Ah...getting caught up on the blogging world! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JOSE! We love you!
Post a Comment