Friday, May 22, 2009

5 months


I found this picture going through some old files last night. That's Sofia at 5 months old. The same age Olivia is now. I can certainly see the resemblance. I love this picture. It was one of her first times in the pool. Hard to tell here, but she really did like it. I adore the look on Jose's face here. He is so in love with that girl. Even more so than he was back then. My girls are so lucky to have such a good daddy. They will never have to wonder if he loves them or is proud of them or if he has their back... ever. And I love the fact that this photo resonates all of those things.
It seems like just yesterday, she was this size. Now she looks like she is about to head off to kindergarten. It just went too fast. But it taught me not to rush the milestones and minutes with Olivia. She is rolling over now and that's just fine with me. Crawling will come with time, but I am in no rush. I know it won't be long til I look back on these pictures of Olivia and have to remember her baby days through photos. I'm taking my time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH I'm just like you. I've rushed the others but now I realize how fast it goes by and Allie is our last baby so I know she's crawling and pulling up now and my husband keeps saying that she'll be walking in no time..I say hush up..she'll be doing it too quickly already..let her crawl for a while :) Love that picture!

The Lovebugs said...

Jose is a great daddy :) I love this picture...you always have great ones of your little girls. They will look back and really enjoy the photos you have taken which are all beautiful! Oh..great you got to go out with your friend. I know how exciting and fresh that can be!