My living room is lacking one last project and it will be done. Seriously. Trust me. I mean it this time. Please don't leave me. Funny thing is, I have found that less is definitely more. I have never been a fan of modern/minimalist designing and decorating. I believe a home needs to look like a home and needs to look lived in. I couldn't be happy in a home that doesn't include family photos and things that I love.
However, in our re-doing of the living room over the past few weeks, everything got moved out and into the dining room. Slowly, things have been moved back in. In different places. Some new stuff. Some old favorites. But, what I have found is that I am liking it so much more with the majority of stuff still out of the way. It looks cleaner and feels lighter. I don't want to clutter it up. I know there is less space now for some of my favorite things. I will work around that. Our biggest obstacle is our books. We used to have 2 bookshelves in the room and they are gone now. And they really aren't be replaced. We had an idea for something to go in their place, but it didn't work out. (Too big.) So, now I left with what to do with all of our books. We don't have an office anymore. It's playroom now. We have our bedroom and the girls each have a room. Throw in some bathrooms, kitchen, dining room and garage and there you have it.
Looks like I am going to be donating and giving away quite a bit of stuff. It feels like a weight of junk has been lifted. So far, I really haven't missed a thing that's not already in my living room.
I am hoping to get the last part of the decorating done tomorrow and then I will share pics!
***********************
On a side note, please send lots of positive thoughts and prayers to my Olivia Bug. Had to take her back to the doctor today for her rather nasty rash. It breaks my heart that my sweet, gorgeous baby doesn't have that baby soft skin that she should. Her chest and belly and arms are so rough and red and inflammed. Her doctor diagnosed her with eczema. In the south, summers are long and miserable and HOT so I am afraid she is really in for an unpleasant summer. He started her on a stronger steroid cream, added an prescription strength antihistamine, a probiotic, gave me the name of a new bath product (no more J&J's baby products) and recommended trying a new formula. Let me tell you, that stuff is pricey! It's almost $25 a can and it's about half the size of the average formula can. It might last us 3 days if we are lucky. He did give us 2 sample cans and so far, Olivia is rejecting it. We just hope some combination of all the new stuff with help clear her skin and give her some relief. Poor kid. She needs a break like whoa.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Letting Go
Posted by Staci at 1:04 AM
Labels: decorating, living room, Olivia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
girl you take your time and get everything done that you need to. We'll be here when you get back :) Saying a prayer for Olivia...hope that rash gets better very soon!!!!! you're right summers in the south are so humid. where are you in the south? I'm in sc :)
Also I have been meaning to email you..I'm getting ready to have Allie's pictures done with her tutu and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get some of the wrinkles out. What's the best way to do that..do you know ? Thanks!
Sorry to hear Olivia is suffering! Eczema can be really nasty, it gets pretty humid here as well & I have had trouble with it myself. How often do you bath her? You may want to try only using soaps every 2 or 3 baths instead of daily, it can be really harsh on the skin, just warm water in between should be OK (babies don't get as yucky as we do!). Immediatley following the bath try moisturizing. I am sure your DR gave great advice as well, I really like the Aveeno products, the also sell a calming oatmeal bath that might help, only use a 1/4-1/2 the package in her bath every now & then. Good Luck!
Poor thing! I hope that the cream works by itself and you don't have to switch formulas completely, $50 a week plus diapers doesn't sound fun.
I can't wait to see the pictures
Post a Comment