We are still in a wait and see pattern, which sucks. She is still spiking fevers, coughing her head off and is generally lethargic and miserable. She hasn't had more than a few bites of food in the past 5 days. I took her back to the doctor yesterday since she was getting worse. They sent for her for a chest xray to rule out pneumonia, which thankfully, they did. (Not that I wanted her to have to get a chest xray, but you should have seen how stinkin' cute she looked in a mammogram gown!) They did decide to give her a shot of antibiotics to help speed up her recovery. That "shot" turned into three. (They had to divide the dose of her antibiotic into 3 separate shots since a toddler's muscles can only take so much.) Poor kid. It was a miserable experience. She collapsed with exhaustion in her daddy's arms within minutes.
They told us we should see a "new kid" by this morning. We have not. Yes, I think she is a tiny bit better, but without medication, her temp still spikes, she is still horribly congested, and has a cough like you wouldn't believe. She is also quite cuddly, which is out of character for her. She is usually running around the house like a mad woman, but she just doesn't have it in her right now. I have never seen her little eyes look so pathetic.
Olivia is still away from home, which is killing me. I saw her for about an hour and half last night and have yet to see her today. I am afraid she will forget me. I am missing her like crazy. But, I also want her to stay healthy, so I am trying to keep them apart until the fever breaks. (Which I thought would have happened by now.) I haven't had both of my girls at home since Sunday evening. Sofia is really missing her, too. The first thing she asked me this morning was "Are we going to get Olivia now?" She has cried a couple of times today saying she wanted her.
Her pediatrician has changed her to a stronger cough medicine and she starts a new antibiotic tonight. Hopefully, that will be the final combination to break her out this mess. I will take her back in again in the morning for the third time this week. I am really hoping that when we wake up tomorrow (after what I am really hoping is a good night's sleep for everyone) she will have turned a corner.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Update on my Bird
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I am praying that Sophia is well soon! I know it is killing you and also not seeing Olivia is hard. You guys are in my prayers!
Thank you for the most precious announcement. We got it in the mail today. So so cute!!!
I am sure that Jose will be watching the Gators tonight, so GO GATORS, from our house to yours.
Take care!
Post a Comment