Wednesday, January 28, 2009

10 is Enough

That's how many doctor's visits we have had between the four of us since January 1st. That's not even counting the dentist, lab work and chest xrays times two. Our recent visit was for Olivia again. Starting last Friday, she began having a very rough time at night. She was staying awake til all hours and seemed generally uncomfortable. It got the point where she would spend hours fussing/crying/screaming. Totally out of character for her. On Monday night, we even headed out towards the ER because she seemed to be in so much pain. But, of course, by the time we got a few miles from home, the car ride had lulled her to sleep. We finally got in bed around 3 and she proceeded to sleep until 9:30.

Her regular pediatrician was out, so we saw the oldest doctor I have ever seen in my life. He was nice enough, but very old school. Her ears and lungs were clear, so he basically told us to "walk the floors" with her. Riiiiiight.....

Jose has also been ill. He has a couple of things going on. Poor guy. It's been a rough few months for him, too.

We are planning to have a night off this Friday which we are really looking forward to. (Provided everyone is well.) We used to look forward to weekends so we could go to dinner, a movie, a party or something like that. Now we look forward to 8 straight hours of uninterrupted sleep. My, how things have changed.

1 comments:

Nicolle said...

I hope you get some rest. I know it's so stressful when health issues arise. I will be hoping and praying for the best!!!!

I'm frustrated with Boyd's doctor right now. It has taken them 2 days to straighten out a prescription they wrote wrong. I still don't have it. I just had the doctor paged. ugh!