I guess our luck is running out. Our once peaceful, hardly-ever-cries, amazing sleeper is turning on us. While she is still a good sleeper, it is now only when she is laying on one of us. Preferably me. She has taken to only wanting to sleep when she is being held. Her favorite position is either up on our shoulders or her head laying on our chests with her little body pressed against us. I swear she calms down within a minute of being picked up and placed in either of these positions. But, try laying her down in her crib! Forget it. We are lucky if she lasts half an hour.
Now obviously, I can't hold her 24 hours a day. Jose and I are playing "Divide and Conquer". Which means tonight, I will take midnight to 5 am and Jose will take over til 10. Not much in the way of rest. It doesn't help that her newest bad habit is snacking. It takes her an hour and a half now to finish a bottle. Add in bottle prep, burping, diaper change and getting back to bed and it's time to wake up again. What in the world am I going to do when Jose goes back to work (after only working about 4 days since Olivia was born just over a month ago) on Monday?
She sure is lucky I love her so much...
Friday, January 2, 2009
Sleepless in the South
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I feel for you! I remember panicking when I realized I was going to be all alone with Boyd. I know you can do it, but I know my words don't help you much! :)
Oh no! She sounds like Bill when he was a baby. I totally remember how hard that was. I feel you pain. Hopefully, she'll adapt quickly and sleep all night for you - in her bed! Can't wait to see her. Love, Carole
I know it's only been a few days since this post, but are you getting any sleep yet?
Post a Comment