Tonight, hubby and I had the opportunity to have a Saturday night to ourselves. Rare... and nice. And what did we do you may ask? We went to Old Navy to get the girls some summer clothes (btw, almost everything in the baby section is $5 right now. Some stuff is regularly $12.50 & $14.50 and now it's $5. And I'm talking "in season", current stuff. Can't beat that!) then we came home to see if we could make it to an early movie. No such luck and neither of us had the energy to sit through anything that started after 7 p.m.. So we went to an early dinner and then came home and watched mostly crappy tv that we had on DVR. We watched "The Office" (my favorite 30-minute show), "Ghost Hunters" (love it!) and "Dog: The Bounty Hunter". Don't judge. It's like watching a cartoon for adults.
I am happy to say that I took an Am.bien and will be fast asleep in the next half hour. It's rare that I take one. Never when the girls are here. So, it should work well and I plan on feeling like a new woman by early late morning.
But before I go, be proud of me. I spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning out, organizing, dusting, scrubbing, vacuuming and rearranging my kitchen and living room on Friday. Yes, it took 3 1/2 hours just to do those 2 rooms. But it sure felt good. No more piles of catalogs on the shelf under the coffee table. No more miscellaneous piles of expired coupons, cologne samples, receipts and notes in various baskets. No more collection of every-single-piece-of-artwork Sofia ever made during preschool neatly stacked stuffed behind the canisters. No more external flash for my camera sitting on the kitchen counter. No more random Tar.get and Hobby Lo.bby bags piled on the kitchen table. NO MORE DUST! It felt good and it smelled good. I wanted to see if Jose noticed all my efforts when he got home, but I was so afraid I had not make a big enough impact on our mess that it would go unnoticed. And that would have crushed my poor little heart. So I told him when he called on the way home from work. And awesome husband that he is, he really did notice and pointed out things I hadn't even told him about. He even complimented on how nice the house smelled. And then he went as far as to wash the accumulation of baby bottles while saying to me, "I'll do it. You've done enough today." I love that man. And yes... he's right. I DID do enough! Enough to actually feel like I had done something! Just 6 rooms and 2 hallways to go.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
We're so boring
Posted by Staci at 11:23 PM
Labels: cleaning, date night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Awesome job!!!! I wish I had gotten that much done this weekend :)
I promise we're much more boring than you guys are!
Seriously, we are so alike. Dog and Ghost Hunters are 2 of our favorites! Although, we pretty much watch Dog and just poke fun the whole time.
Jose is a good husband for noticing. Kevin seriously never does! Recently my mom was over and we cleaned an entire car load of stuff out of our kitchen. Kevin had no idea. haha.
ps...thanks for the comments on our carpets. I feel better now that they are clean. The View sucked, as usual! haha. Why do I torture myself!!
Post a Comment