Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crafty

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would become this person. I walked into a children's store the other day and bought a couple of foo-foo hair clips for Sofia. $3 each. Not exactly super expensive, but enough to make me really picky about what colors to get and which to put back. They were really cute, though. As I left the store and put one in her hair, I though to myself, "I can make that.. and cheaper, too." So, I headed off to good ole Hobby Lobby and bought some supplies.

One more project on my list. I am in the middle of many.

I am also working on letters for Olivia's (still unfinished) room. And I am seriously considering making some new ones to go in Sofia's room since her "theme" has changed since she was a baby. I also made a couple of flowers for her hair. One of which she is wearing in this post. And, I made another tutu for the first time in forever. I made for a fellow blogger's baby girl, Harper . And of course that made me want to make a new one for Olivia.

I used to be the person who just bought stuff and now suddenly I want to make the stuff. I am even thinking I'd love to learn to sew. Decorating blogs and HGTV are filling me with a sense of inspiration and confidence. I'm not used to that! I guess having two little girls isn't helping.

*I'll post pictures of my goods very soon!

5 comments:

Nicolle said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your goodies! I get inspired by other blogs, but I don't have a crafty bone in my body. I even buy stuff and never make it.

Claire said...

Yay! I love seeing what people are crafting!

Cxx

Jodee said...

I love the tutu you made for Harper. It's sooo cute!

Stephanie said...

I hopped over from Kelly's blog and saw Harpers tutu. Do you make them for others that are interested? I'm looking for someone to make one for my daughters first birthday pics. I've seen many but I love how yours looks!!!!

Mindy said...

Maybe we work out a trade......I would LOVE to have three of your tutus for my three girls and I make bows.....email me if you are interested. Harper's tutu was ADORABLE!!!!