One year ago today, our life changed completely. Our sweet Olivia was born. I can't believe it's been a year. In some ways it seems like she has been a part of our lives forever and in others it seems like it was just yesterday that she arrived. It's been a wild ride, but one the best one ever. She is such a blessing. She's the peaceful one, as her name describes. So easy going, sweet and funny. To most, she appears very serious. But, we, as her parents, get to see her silly side. Her smile is contagious. I know that sounds like a cliche, but it's the truth. She has one incredibly deep dimple that makes me melt every time it appears. I am so in love with that girl.
At one year old she can now say dada (her first word, of course), mama, bye bye (or something similar) and now she is trying to say no no. She shakes her head no, which is pretty cute at one year old. Probably won't be so cute when she's 4. She waves bye bye. She crawls with lighting speed. And just this past weekend, she finally started to feed herself. Now there's no stopping her! On her first Thanksgiving, she ate twice as much as her sister. I'm not sure we have found a food she doesn't like. Her and food are BFFs. Her hair is beautifully curly and surprisingly blond.
She has made the past year very eventful, busy and fun. Sure, there are days I want to pull my hair out and would give my left arm for two minutes of peace and quiet, but there's nothing on earth I would trade for a second of the past year.
At one year old she can now say dada (her first word, of course), mama, bye bye (or something similar) and now she is trying to say no no. She shakes her head no, which is pretty cute at one year old. Probably won't be so cute when she's 4. She waves bye bye. She crawls with lighting speed. And just this past weekend, she finally started to feed herself. Now there's no stopping her! On her first Thanksgiving, she ate twice as much as her sister. I'm not sure we have found a food she doesn't like. Her and food are BFFs. Her hair is beautifully curly and surprisingly blond.
She has made the past year very eventful, busy and fun. Sure, there are days I want to pull my hair out and would give my left arm for two minutes of peace and quiet, but there's nothing on earth I would trade for a second of the past year.



2 comments:
I don't believe it's been a year. Happy Birthday Olivia!!!!
Happy Birthday, Olivia....shes a cutie!
Post a Comment