







Thanksgiving week was a busy, busy one for us. It's pretty much been that way since October and really kicked into high gear around mid November. Thus, the lack of posts and photos. Jose's kids were here with us for Thanksgiving this year. We had a great time and I, of course, used the opportunity to work on getting some good family photos. I really wanted one good one of Sofia and Olivia that I could use for Christmas cards. That was not to be. Someone was crying or looking away or had a goofy look on their face in every one. I shot over 500 photos that weekend and ended up with nothing worthy of a card. My kind of luck.
We spent the weekend with tons of family on the day before Thanksgiving. We had mexican food catered, which was awesome. There were over 20 people that were able to get together under one roof. It was really fun and not nearly as chaotic and loud as we expected!
We had a traditional Thanksgiving. Watching Olivia go after her grub was the highlight of my day. She went after sweet potatoes and anything with gravy like a poodle on a porkchop. This girl meant business. We finally just had to pull her away from the table. I don't think she would have stopped. And later, my wee one ate pumpkin pie. And loved it!
We spent the next few days hanging out with the kids. We shopped, watched movies, played games (we RULE at Taboo and Uno!), went out to eat, saw "The Blind Side" (LOVED IT!) and went and saw the ICE exhibit at The Gaylord in Grapevine. Brrrrr. They keep the exhibit rooms at 9 degrees. Jose loved it! We all wore our bright blue parkas and had a blast looking at all the amazing sculptures. Sofia was having the best time. And even Olivia seemed to enjoy it.
Our November was full and busy and ended with a bang when our sweet baby girl turned one. That gets a post all it's own, but let's just say she had a wonderful birthday!
I am attaching some of the hundreds of photos I took over the past couple of weeks. Some good, some not so much.
Oh, and did I mention that we had to call 911 at about 10:30 the night before Thanksgiving? Yep. We smelled a heavy smell of smoke throughout the house and our smoke detectors were going off. Scared the bejeezus out of me, Olivia and everyone else except for Sofia who happily slept through it all. It was an overpowering smell and we ended up calling 911. Nothing was found and almost as quickly as it appeared, it was gone. They say something probably got sucked up through the exhaust (or whatever) and burned off. It was definitely eventful.



4 comments:
Great post (about time) and great pictures. It was a great Thanksgiving. See you at Christmas. Uncle Wes
glad you guys had a great time, and got to see jose kids. the pics look great...love the one of you and jose by yourself. super sweet. you can just see the pure joy and happiness he has with being with his family. if i dont talk with ya, have a merry christmas!
It's nice to see all of those pictures. They are all great I think!! Everyone looks gorgeous in them and you did a good job taking them. Yum, Mexican food at Thanksgiving. That is what I love! It's nice that you got to have Mexican one day and traditional the next.
Anyway, happy holidays and I love the photos here!
LOOOOVE the pictures of the fam!
Post a Comment