Many months ago, when I was still pregnant with Olivia, Jose was accepted into a very selective program at work. It's a tough selection process and even tougher training. It involved traveling to Kansas one week per month for several months (while leaving a pregnant wife and 2 year old at home at the time), tons of studying, working intense projects, many extra hours of work, mentoring fellow employees and ultimately what he calls the most difficult test he has ever taken in his life.
Thankfully, everything wrapped up yesterday when he passed his exam and became a certified Black Belt in his company's Six Sigma program. Don't ask me to explain what the heck this is. I had really never heard of it before but know more know than I ever expected to. But, trust me. It's a big deal and I couldn't be prouder of him. It's a huge, huge weight lifted off his shoulders. I wish we could go out and celebrate this weekend, but we are hard pressed for babysitters for both of our girls. Guess we can celebrate with them.
Not much else to report this week. I have an appointment with a GI doc next week to see if we can determine what has been causing this pain and nausea. My guess is an ulcer but I am sure I will have to undergo a few unpleasantries before that's confirmed.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
In the Black
Posted by Staci at 1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
congrats jose!hard work does pay off. let me know, i can bring over sid..and babysit!
Congrats to your hubby...and to you for getting through it!
You better find a way to celebrate. You both desreve it!
~Amanda
Bring the girls to Texarkana and we will watch them while you guys go out.
Woohoo! Glad something that has been so arduous on him, as well as taking away time from you and the girls, is over! If we weren't seven hours away I'd babysit for you ;).
Yay Jose! Yay yay Jose! He's such a great guy - so smart and such a hard worker, we know he deserved this! I would LOVE to babysit for you. How about you drive over and you two go rent a chalet in the mountains for the weekend? Kay? Love you!!!
Congrats to Jose. That is very cool and I know you are so proud! I hope you are able to figure out what is wrong soon, so you can feel better!
Post a Comment