Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sick and Tired

This post title is literal. I am sick and I am tired. I felt that familiar tingle and yuckiness in my throat starting on Friday. I hoped it would turn out to be nothing, but that was not to be. I had a pretty lousy night Friday night. Seemed a bit better on Saturday, but by evening, I was going downhill fast. I pretty much plopped on the couch and stayed there til I forced myself into the shower where I hoped the steam would help my congestion and the heat would ease my aching muscles. I was up and down all night. Fever coming and going. Sweating and freezing. And barely breathing it seemed. I managed to get through Sunday a bit better, but basically did nothing. My Aunt and Uncle came in for a quick visit, so it was nice to get out of the house to see them. By the time we got home (Sofia stayed with my grandmother to help give me a break) I was once again on a downhill slide. More of the same. Tossing, turning, chills, sweats, congestion, fever (up to almost 102) and body aches like you wouldn't believe. Thankfully, Jose fed Olivia before he left for work and told me he would come home after his morning meeting. And he was kind enough to call the doctor for me and ask for some meds and whatever else they recommended. They called out some antibiotics, cough meds and ordered a chest xray, which I went for this afternoon.

It was quite the miserable weekend. Sofia has had a touch of it as well. I thought it was allergies for both of us, but when I spiked a fever, that made me wonder. We'll see what the xray shows. My semi-sort of-somewhat-back-in-the-day trained eye could've sworn I saw something show up on my chest xray. Looked like a couple of spots in my lower right lung. I'm probably wrong because I usually am. Hopefully, I will know something tomorrow.

Oh and tomorrow (today, actually) is Olivia's 6 month check up. I am eager to find out how big she has gotten. Sofia was right about 20 pounds at this point and we had to upgrade to a bigger car seat. I don't think Olivia is that big, but she certainly is tall! She comes by it honestly.

Here's hoping it's a peaceful night in our house. Considering it's almost 1:30 in the morning, I might want to think about getting started on that.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope you feel better soon and that you're wrong about the chest xray!!!!

Feel better soon!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, hopefully it's just a quick little virus that will go away! Let me know if I need to get you an appt. Also can you tell me if Jose gives lessons on how to be a wonderful husband? Does he have a brother? lol

Meg said...

I really hope you start feeling better soon.

I wonder how big she is...maybe she'll surprise you. :)