Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm all ears



We have been talking about and planning a trip to Disney.World ever since Sofia was born. We are finally working on details. I have learned one thing. Planning a trip to Disn.ey is hard! Or at least confusing. There are so many terms that are new to me. "Magic Your Way", "Park Hopper", "Dining Plus". Whatev...
So, I am asking for help. If you have been this park and especially if you have stayed at one of their resorts, can your offer up any advice? Sofia is 3 1/2 right now. What parks are necessary and which would be wasted on her? Are there any restaurants that we must visit? Advice on getting around? I will take anything you have to offer. It really is the most difficult vacation I have ever tried to plan.
So quite literally, I am all ears...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's been so long since I've been there I won't be much help to you. I'm anxious to hear what advice you get though...I'd love to take our whole family when Allie gets alittle older. I really don't think you could have a bad time at Disney though so you're pretty safe no matter what you do :)

Amy, Gary and Emma Reems said...

You have to go to the Wild Animal Kingdom. And make sure to eat at the Rain Forest Cafe that's at the entrance to the park.

I would make sure & get the hopper passes. You get into all the parks as many times a day as you want, it also ends up being a lot cheaper.

When I went I took my 6 year old nephew & MGM was a little old for him. That was 7 years ago though, so they might have new attractions that are better fitting for younger ones.

If at all possible, stay at one of the Disney World Resorts. We did & we're so glad we did. You can take a bus, for free, to any of the parks from your hotel & back. All the parks also have the same buses so they take you everywhere you need to go.

We went to the parks first thing in the morning while it was still cooler out. Then we would go back to our hotel around lunch time & play in the pool for a couple hours, then went back in the evening after it started to cool back down.

Hope this helps & that you guys have a great time.

Amy

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are planing a trip and using dreamcometruevacations.com

they are doing everything for us as far as reservations and advanced dinning reservations (ADRs). They also help you get the best prince and can apply any new discounts when they come out.