Thursday, June 11, 2009

iWant


iWant this phone. No, I dare say, iNeed this phone. You know... I am so busy and so important and all. But seriously, I do use my black.berry like crazy. Like tonight. I made what I thought was going to be a 5 minute trip down the road to get a yummy ice cold Coke. (Because the cans in my fridge aren't good enough... I needed to make a drive for a fountain drink. I know SO many of you understand!) Well, we had massive storms push through earlier this evening. So my short trip turned into literally 45 minutes. Apparently everywhere around here lost power for some time and when it came back, there were computer problems. I usually don't mind my time in the car alone, but I was bugged by it tonight. But, I digress...

Anyway, let's just say I had a LOT of time to kill. So, what's any modern girl to do? Surf the web, of course. It was fine, but I know how much faster and how much MORE fun I would've had with this little baby. Man... I can just feel it in my hot little hands. And the prices just went down! Like, affordable down. And wouldn't you know it? My contract still has about 3 1/2 months left on it. It's torture, I tell you.

Remember the days before cell phones? Hardly, huh? And when we did get one, I remember barely using it because I think we literally paid for every single minute we used it. There was no text messaging or browser or MMS or camera phones. It was a big ole honkin piece of black plastic with buttons. And and antennae! Gasp! How did we manage? I wish I could remember, so I can use that inner strength to survive the next few months with my sad little non-i.Phone Black.berry. The humanity....

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aren't those cool looking? I would love to have one but I still think they're expensive...and I hear the fees on a montly basis are huge!

I do remember the first cell phones though...wow we've come a long way! Remember the ones in the bags...geez makes me feel old!

Meg said...

I love my crackberry as well; however, I too want the iPhone. I wont switch to Cingular though...I'm a Verizon girl, if only they gave Verizon rights to their phone also I'd have one!

The Lovebugs said...

I have played with one of my friends and I love it! All the apps are so cool...she even has a "white noise" app where she listens to different sounds (like the beach or just plain ole white noise) all night long. Ahh...I don't have the internet on my phone - too expensive. I guess I'll just have to stand my green samsung (oh..did you know that cell phones are only guaranteed to last ONE year! Please!)

GeekIsTheNewHot said...

YOU HAVE A BLACKBERRY.

Staci said...

Yes, Holly... I am aware of that.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I feel your pain! I NEED one too...soooooooo bad.