Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gone Baby Gone

Sofia is officially a school girl.  She has been for over a month and our new routine has gotten the better of me.  It's still hard for me to imagine her in "real" school every day. But, she is thriving and I am amazed how quickly she is learning new things.  She absolutely loves it. 

The first day was tough.  Actually, the night before we tougher.  We read a note from her teacher and Sofia sprinked her "sweet dreams" dust under her pillow to ensure a good night's sleep.  We read "The Night Before Kindergarten".  And then we each spent a few minutes alone with her.  I cried like a baby.  She knew why.  My smart girl.  She did all the reassuring.  "I will be gone for a little while, but then I'll be right back home, momma."  I love that child.  Jose worked from home one the first day so we both took her in.  She was a little nervous but more excited than anything.  She had a great first day and has been loving it ever since.  I'm used to it now.  The day goes so fast that I barely have time to realize she's gone.  And it sure has made bedtime easier. 



1 comments:

Nicolle said...

She is so beautiful. It's hard to let go of the "baby" in our children. I will be right there crying too when Boyd starts Kindergarten. I can imagine how happy and sad it is at the same time. hugs!