Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another brick in the wall

I've been absent for a while. Life has taken us on a roller coaster ride over the past few weeks. Without making this post a mile long, let me just give you the bullet points. My symptoms that started last year and led to all the testing for MS have returned, along with a new ones. I had a very rough couple of weeks, practically living in bed. A few doctors visits later (and more to come) and I have some decisions to make. And then...

My grandmother, who I'm very close to, fell several days ago and broke her hip. She required surgery, which is obviously scary for someone in their 80's. She was ultimately moved to a rehab facility where early this week she suffered a heart attack. Less than 24 hours later, she had a second one. She required more procedures and is now in the hospital. She is doing ok, but quite obviously, this has all taken a toll on her. She's weak and uncomfortable. I've spent every day of the past 14 at the hospital. Making many phone calls. I am not complaining. I'll do whatever I have to for as long as I have to to get her well and hopefully able to go home. I'm so thankful to have a husband that's so helpful and has the ability to work from home as often as he can. It's enabled me to be away from home a lot lately. He's definitely a keeper. So, if you can, say a little prayer for my grandmother. And maybe some caffeine to me.

2 comments:

Nicolle said...

I'm so sorry you are going through so much right now. I will be praying for you. Email me if you want to chat/vent, etc.

hugs!

Dina said...

praying for both of you!