Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a wonderful, amazing, fun filled weekend.  We celebrated our 15th anniversary with a little getaway weekend.  We stayed close to home since we did our big trip back in April and since we live in an amazing city where it's fun to play tourist.

Our weekend started earlier than we planned thanks to my grandmother offering to keep the girls an extra night.  We went to an early movie, then a nice, peaceful dinner then home to watch stuff collected on our DVR.  And on Saturday morning, we actually both got to sleep late!  So wonderful!  We left around lunchtime and went to have bagels at Panera.  Yum-o-rama.  Then we did a little looking at Pottery Barn.  A place I rarely dare go into with the girls.  I have had gift cards since Christmas and have yet to use them.  That may some kind of record for me. 

Then the highlight of our weekend... A massage.  Oh, it was heaven.  And long overdue.  Jose got me a gift card for one Christmas before last and as nice as it was, it was kind of a waste since that was the height of the girls having terrible illnesses.  I literally left the spa and headed to the pediatrician where we were promptly sent to the ER.  Let's just say all those knots they worked out came back with friends. But this weekend was different and was actually relaxing.  We needed that!

We then checked in to a very nice hotel in heart of downtown.  We had the most amazing view from our room.  Even though I have lived here my entire life, the beauty, history and friendliness of this town never escapes me.  I often wish to have the opportunity to move away, but this city will always be home.

We saw another movie.  Two in one weekend?  I can't even remember the last time that happened!  Probably not while was any age that began with a 3. After the movie, we were off for fajitas and margaritas at a fun restaurant downtown.  We sat outdoors and enjoyed the slightly cooler evening weather.  ("Cooler" is a bit of a leap considering temps have been near 100 already.)  We wandered downtown a while and may have had  a couple of more drinks before making our way back to our room at an hour I haven't been outside my house in a few years.  



And finally, more late sleeping, more Panera and wrapping up the weekend swimming with our girls, who were more than happy to see us.  It was pretty close to perfection.  Now of course, is back to reality.

Oh, and this past weekend was also my 20th high school reunion.  Class of '91, baby!  I was kind of bummed to miss it, but we really enjoyed our weekend.  Turns out, the reunion moved to a bar literally across the street from where we were later in the night.  I had no idea or I would've stopped by.  It astounds me that it's been 20 years.  I still remember graduation like it was yesterday.  In other ways, it's pretty obvious that an entire lifetime has passed.   Either way, I still feel like a kid so there's no way I'm old enough to have been out of high school for 20 years.  I'm sticking with that.

0 comments: