Monday, April 18, 2011

Come Sail Away

Hellloooo everyone.  I have been away for a while.  I can honestly say that, for the most part, it's been all good.  Great things have happened for Jose at work.  We got Sofia into the kindergarten we wanted.  And best of all, we went on a little trip to celebrate our 15th anniversary.  Woo Hoo!  Our actual anniversary in still a few weeks away, but we wanted to beat the crowds and save a few bucks.  Where did we go, you ask?

We went on a cruise!  An awesome one, at that!  We went to Roatan, Honduras, Belize and Cozumel.  We were gone an entire, blissful week.  With NO kids! Of course, we were worried how the girls would handle the separation, how much we would miss them and how they would be behave for their keepers.  Ultimately, we decided to split them up.  They needed the chance to miss each other.  It worked out well.  Both got undivided attention and it ended up being easier on everyone involved.  They really did go good and seemed genuinely happy to see us when got home.

Now for some photos from our time at sea.  (I opted to leave my good camera at home and not worry about something happening to it or having to focus too much on getting great shots.  So these are typical tourist photos.)

Headed to our ship on day 1.


My hubby on our first day at sea.

Moi.  Day one.  Pre-sunburn.

My gorgeous husband on our balcony.

Pretty much how I spent a lot of time.

Notice the sunburn?  Ouch.

Inside our ship.  It was like a Vegas hotel that floated away,

View of the other end.  We were on the 8th floor.  I think there were 15.  Crazy.


The main pool deck from one of our favorite spots to have a drink!



The view from our room.  Roatan, Honduras.

Roatan.  The most beautiful of our ports.


See that thatched roof?  That's where we had lunch.




Our lunch menu in Roatan.  Apparently, prices change depending on when the ships dock.

Getting ready to leave.  Bye, Roatan!


We tethered about a mile or so out at sea and were brought in by ferry.

Belize.


Walking between these was like walking in New York.

The gorgeous blue water of Cozumel.

Cozumel.


Hubby playing Angry Birds.


Looking straight down from our balcony as we departed Cozumel.  It was even bluer than this.



Shopping in Cozumel.
Cozumel.

  • 
    
    This photo got out of order.  Shopping in Belize.
    
    
    We had an amazing time.  So much in fact, we are looking to plan another possibly in the fall.  We'll see.  I'll be back to recount some of the details.  Including a wicked sunburn that is is plaguing me almost 2 weeks later!

4 comments:

Nicolle said...

Hey there, I came by here earlier, but got distracted and didn't comment.

I am so glad you guys got away, alone! What fun. I know every couple needs time like that. The cruise looks amazing. OMG. That ship is awesome. Roatan looks beautiful. That water and coral just look so cool. I love the blue water in Cozumel too!

Now if you go again in the fall, I'll be really jealous! :)

Lori said...

This looks like such an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

(found ya from Kelly)

I love Cozumel. We went to Tulum for our honeymoon, ages ago.. and spent a day in Cozumel. We snorkled in that turquoise water. It's amazing can't wait to go back one day. Might have to wait till the kids are a bit older.. or alternatively beg Grandma for a huge favor. ha ha.

I've never seen the inside of a cruise ship, so your pictures were fascinating.

S

Kate said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We love cruising too!

I love the yellow and grey design of your blog!