Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Comfort Years



We are moving into our comfort years.  15 years ago today, we started our life as a married couple.  In some ways, I'd say we barely knew each other.  We knew each other for 366 days on the day we got married.  We knew we loved each other, but we had such a long way to go in getting comfortable.  I have no doubt we have further still to go.  But we are happy.

I can't even begin to put into words all the things we have done, places we have visited or experiences we have had.  Some wonderful. some forgetful, some heartbreaking.  But, all worth it.  I am lucky enough to be married to my very best friend.  He makes me laugh like no one else.  He's an amazing dad.  An incredibly hard worker.  The most loyal and honest man I know.  Stubborn as a mule.  Remarkably smart.  Fiercely determined.  Kind beyond measure.  And above all, I know he loves me like crazy.  I'm truly lucky to be married to him and happy to be comfortable with him.

15 years may not be a big deal to some, but I'm pretty proud of it.  Not every day was easy but every one has been a blessing.  It doesn't escape me how lucky I am. 

And if my words don't sing him praises enough, he bought me a margarita machine over the weekend.  Is that love or what?

Happy Anniversary, my love.  Thank you for 15 amazing years.  I wish for as many more as God allows us. 
You're my lobster.  I love you more than my luggage!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, 15 years--that is so inspirational. Enjoy girl!

Dina said...

Happy Anniversary! 15 years is a big deal!