Monday, December 20, 2010

Dance like no one is watching

 Sofia had her first dance recital Saturday night. I was a little nervous for her because she has very little dance experience. She took a short summer class then started ballet and tap once a week starting in September. Most of the little girls in her class had more experience than her. And bless her heart, the girl got my coordination. She's not exactly graceful.



Well, she showed me. She took center stage, quite literally, Saturday night. Their routine was a a short tap performance to "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". Oh my heavens, my face literally hurt from smiling so big. I was SO proud of her! She did so good! And this was in a big theater in front a large audience. She smiled. She looked out at the crowd. Even waved when it was over. And did I mention she looked gorgeous?




 









1 comments:

Bethany said...

She looks beautiful and quite in her element! Gotta say I love how you did her hair :). So jealous!