I'll be posting more about our holiday in the next day or two, but I wanted to give a quick update on Olivia's surgery.
First of all, she came through it with flying colors. Honestly, by the time we got home, you'd have never known she had anything done. She was the toughest cookie I've ever seen. It never slowed her down for a single second.
And most importantly, after an excruciating wait, dozens of unanswered phone calls and more Xanax than I'd care to admit, we FINALLY got the results of Olivia's pathology report on the day before Thanksgiving. (I'll have to go into more detail later about what an awful experience we had dealing with her surgeon in the days after the surgery.) Everything came back clear, benign and COMPLETELY NORMAL!!! Just s simple birthmark that's now a small scar that will give her an interesting story someday.
Thanks again for all the comments, emails, texts and phone calls. We are so relieved. It made for a very thankful Thanksgiving and will make for a very Happy 2nd birthday in a couple of days!
Monday, November 29, 2010
Update
Posted by Staci at 12:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
great news!
Wonderful news. So happy for all of you.
Wow, I just found your blog and read through the last few posts! As a momma (& my name is also Olivia) I breathed a huge sigh of relief for your little girl! I have an almost 2 year old also so I know how much anxiety you must have been feeling! Praise the Lord for your good news!
Blessings,
Olivia
Post a Comment