Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Bump I've been waiting for...

So yesterday I was feeling pretty crampy. I rested as much as possible and by evening it was a bit better. I assumed I would go to sleep and feel even better by this morning. Wrong. I woke up this morning to take Sofia to school and the discomfort was back. As the morning wore on, it got worse, so I finally relented and called my doctor. They told me I needed to come in.At first it seemed like it was going to be a whole lot of nothing. No cervical changes, no signs of infection, good BP. It was beginning to look like more of a GI problem, but he sent me around to ultrasound just to be sure. As I was lying there and the tech was pressing the probe in to my belly, the discomfort worsened. The more she pushed, the more uncomfortable I got. The she started to measure a small black area. It was a tear in the placenta. Fabulous.They ended up putting me on the monitor as well which showed a lot of irritability. Dr. R suddenly looked a bit more concerned than he had when I first arrived. Basically, he sent me home to go to bed and told me to push the fluids and have it rechecked next week. He also gave me the warning that if the pain got worse or there was any bleeding, I was to go straight to the hospital. Do not pass go... Do not collect $200.So here I am... in bed. Hoping like crazy that this tear either resolves itself or at least remains stable for a while. At least another 4-5 weeks. Bad thing is I have this feeling that I can't shake that we won't make it that far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - I"m so sorry! Just hang out in bed and watch a bunch of crappy tv - that's what I've been doing today (home with a cold). What can cause that? Just a fluke?

BTW - it's not on my blog but I'm pregnant again. :) I'm 5weeks - we're not telling the fam though so I can't mention it on teh blog.
Keep me posted - cyndi

Anonymous said...

Oh Staci! I will defintely be praying for you. I can imagine how stressful it is just thinking about it, much less laying there in bed :( I hope everything does heal up and that the bad feeling you have will quickly prove you wrong.

Much love to you--we sure do miss you all!!!!

Laney and Bill