Typical Staci. I have always been incredibly clumbsy. I can't look down at my own feet without getting dizzy. Not sure you all know this, but I once broke my foot getting the mail. Yes... getting the mail. I fall... alot! And that's exactly what happened today. I decided to take Sofia for a walk down to the playground in our neighborhood. It was a nice day and I thought we could play for awhile, come home, have lunch and she would pass out for a good nap. That was not be! We had been there a half hour or so. By this point the few other moms that were had left and Sofia and I had the playground to ourselves. I had parked the stroller under the picnic pavillion, so we headed there to get ready to go. Well, Sofia had other ideas. She started running back toward the playground. It took me a minute to get turned around with the stroller to go after her. I was walking pretty fast so I could catch her before she started climbing something. All of the sudden, I was airborn. I had somehow tripped over the stroller. My left foot twisted underneath me and I came crashing down on my right knee. Ouch! I literally laid there for a few minutes too afraid to move because of the pain. I was yelling for Sofia who was several yards away. Typical 2 year old kept telling me "NO". I begged and pleaded. I yelled and demanded. I asked nicely for her help (She is very into helping these days) and even told her Mommy had a big ouchie. Nothing. So I pulled myself up and went after her, limping the whole way. I was able to wrangle her back to her stroller and start the loooong walk back home. It took forever. I hobbled, grimaced and cried the whole way home. I must have been quite a sight. I made it home, pulled Sofia's shoes off and put her in bed. Poor kid was ready to eat lunch, not nap. But, I had to lay down and get ice on it. Plus, I was dying to see the physical evidence of my tragedy. (I had called Jose from the park, so he was on his way home.)
So for now I have a battered and blue and swollen right knee. (I am SO going to need knee replacement surgery someday. I have landed on them so many times from falling down.) And a black, blue and swollen left ankle. I've spent a good part of the day either in bed or on the couch. It's very hard to put any weight on it at all. Sofia keeps laughing because she thinks I am trying to be funny when I walk.
Guess we will spend some time at home this weekend. Thank God for Netflix!
I'll see how it looks tomorrow and if it's still gruesome, I'll post pictures!! I know you all be waiting on the edge of your seats for that one!
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Ooops! I did it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Ouch! I am sorry you are hurt and I hope your knee/ ankle feels better soon. What a trooper for chasing after a two year old all while in dire need of some ice packs! We hope you feel better and love you very much :) Oh--we have Netlix too and since Bill is gone for so long and I am home alone, I am watching SATC--already on season 3 and love it! Can't wait for the movie...give Jose and Sophia our love! Miss yall!
Love,
Your favorite Cowboy Fans
Post a Comment