Friday, February 1, 2008

In the beginning...


Well, I have decided to start this blog as a way of updating friends and family on our family. Not that there is alot going on. Not now anyway. But, sometimes there is. Jose and I now have been married for 11 1/2 years. Seems amazing to me. Even more amazing is the fact that Sofia is now 2 years old! How did that happen. She went for her 2 year checkup a couple of weeks ago. She is a giant! She is already 36 1/2" tall and weighed a little over 31 pounds. You know they say if you take their height at age 2 and double it, it will give you an idea how tall they will be as adults. Using that, Sofia would be 6'1. WOW! Anything is possible. We are hoping for closer to 5'10. That would be ok. Mommy has survived it.


She is quite "spirited" these days. The terrible 2's came early and hit us hard. She is fiercely independent and strong willed. Lately she has turned into an angry little girl! It's kind of funny to see a 2 year old so mad. But, on the other hand, I hate that she has that much to be angry about. She has no problems telling me to "Stop it right now" and tell me "No ma'am" while I get that finger pointed at me. Her "best" trick these days is cussing. Yep. When she gets mad she says "G** Damn it!". And she says it with enthusiasm! Never been prouder (said with sarcasm and an eye roll.) She gets time out for that one.


We are currently looking into a Mother's Day Out program for her. She loves other kids and needs to be around them more. Plus the break from me would be nice, too. I know she loves me, but we need a break from each other sometimes.


As for us, we are celebrating Mardi Gras this weekend! Woo Hoo! It will be great. We have the party every year. So tomorrow will be spent getting ready, but it will be worth it. I'll post some pics from the party when I upload them.


Jose has had several people interested in stealing him away from his current job. So far, none have made an offer that included everything we would need. We aren't opposed to moving out of state (to the right location) but the offer would have to be good. As for now, he is staying put and will start the Black Belt program (Six Sigma) for the company he is with in October. He is excited and we are very proud of it. It is very hard to get nominated and then there is a tough selection process, but he got in.


Not much else to report Please let comments so I know you were here. I will try to post updates at least once a week. More often if something exciting happens!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool....great way to stay in touch! Wish we could be there to celebrate Mardi Gras with you guys! Take Care, The Mitchell's

Anonymous said...

Love the Blog! Great idea to keep us all in touch. Sounds like you have your hads full with little Sofia! Wish we were going to be at your party. I know you will have a great time. Drink a hurricane for me! Love, Carole

Anonymous said...

You can put us on the roll list :) Love the blog and you better keep it going! haha Hope yall have a blast at the Mardi Gras party--tell Miss Sofia "honk honk" from us! Love you all--Bill and Laney

vix said...

thanks for visiting, Ill keep visiting yours ;) I know all about the 2 year old mood swings!! enjoy the last few hours of your weekend!

Anonymous said...

The Mardi-Gras party was a blast,good thing Sofia was at Nanny's'she would have learned MANY new words and spent the next few YEARS in time-out!She is a beautiful little girl!! Wish we did'nt live so far away that we have to keep in touch through e-mail! Mike & Mimi