The day before the horrid Texas tornado outbreak, I turned 40 years old. Seems surreal to even say. But, here it it. My 40th year. That day was spent very low key. Jose and I got to go to dinner alone then we had a small celebration at my grandmother's house. I knew it would be low key since it was a work/school day, but it was still nice. Don't think we took a single picture. We celebrated with Frostys from Wendy's; always my dessert of choice for my birthday. (FYI, have you heard they are selling them on waffle cones now? I think I just heard an angel sing.)
I knew Jose had arranged for us to have a night out Saturday night. He told me we would have a few hours alone and could go to dinner and a movie. I was pretty excited. It was looking iffy there for a few hours. My dad had surgery 2 days after by birthday and was having some complications. I was pretty much the one taking care of him, but we managed to pull it off and got away.
He took me to Mi Cocina because he knows I am obsessed with their margaritas. I was so surprised to walk in a see a group of my friends already there at the table waiting for me! It was the perfect group, too. People I have know for years and could totally be myself around. It wasn't a huge crowd, but that shows my hubby knows me so well. I don't do well when I am the center of attention. (I was uncomfortable at my own baby showers!) These are long time and very close friends. Sure, there were a couple of people I would've loved to have seen there, but I was so happy and had a blast! It made turning 40 pretty painless.
Friday, May 31, 2013
Surprise 40th!
Posted by Staci at 1:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comments:
I hope that I didn't miss wishing you a happy 40th birthday, but if I did, then Happy Birthday. You look wonderful, and 40 looks so good on you. I love a good surprise party, and that is so fun that you were given one!
xo
Post a Comment