So, I've seen a couple of blogs today featuring 10 random facts about each person. My friend Dina just posted hers and it was pretty fun to read. So, I'm stealing her idea of borrowing someone else's idea. This is proof of just how boring I am.
1. I once had 3 surgeries in 5 weeks. I really don't recommend it. And because of the multiple surgeries, I no longer have a belly button. Someday, when I hit the lottery and get a tummy tuck, I'll have a new one made.
2. I, like Dina, live what I call a "condiment-free" lifestyle. I don't do ketsup, mayo, mustard or even syrup. I'm a plain Jane.
3. I once broke my foot getting the mail. I tried making up a better story, but sometimes truth is stranger (and more entertaining) than fiction.
4. I am terrified of clowns. Like, for real. How I survived taking my children to the circus, I'll never know.
5. I'm a little OCD about my sheets. I don't see how anyone can sleep in a bed with mismatched sheets. And, if the fitted sheet comes off the mattress during the night, I will get up to fix it immediately.
6. I have one tattoo. A fleur de lis. It represents my love of New Orleans, my favorite city on earth.
7. My do-over career would be a trauma surgeon. I absolutely love medicine. I worked as a nurse at the county hospital. The one place I said I'd NEVER work. And it was my favorite job I've ever had. I loved my ER rotations in nursing school. Nothing (medically) grosses me out. I got to observe the removal of a lung and stood over an open chest watching a heart beat. It was amazing. As tragic as the ER can be, I would've loved to have been a trauma surgeon and may pursue going back to nursing someday in an ER.
8. I hate manicures. I can't stand people filing nails!
9. I was on bedrest with Sofia for almost 12 weeks. I had complete placenta previa. The high risk Ob I saw said she'd never seen one as "complete" as mine. I had an abruption at 35 weeks and Sofia was born (healthy) by emergency c-section. I woke up at 5:00 am at home in a pool of blood. The hospital is about 20 miles away. By 7:33 am, she was out. 5:00= asleep, 7:33=baby.
10. I am related to Donald and Keifer Sutherland. In my opinion, that's the most fascinating of all the facts.
So... I showed you mine, now show me yours!
Friday, March 22, 2013
My Ten
Posted by Staci at 12:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment