Last week, we saw our oldest baby girl put on her cap and gown, walk across a stage and collect her diploma. She's just 5. It was her pre-K graduation. Oh goodness, it was quite adorable. But I couldn't help letting my mind jump ahead another 13 years and imgine her at her high school graduation. The first 5 years have gone SO fast. How can the rest of them not go as fast? Especially now that she is starting school.
When she was born, I used to hold her in the middle of the night in our dark and quiet living room and think how lucky I was to be able to stay home with her for the first 5 years. It seemed like forever. And it's almost over. Now, I would be lying if I didn't say there was times when I look forward to having a few hours to myself each week. (Olivia will go to preschool 2 days a week.) And I know she will love continuing on in school with many of her friends from pre-K. But, I sure will miss having her around every day.
In other news, Saturday was my birthday. We kept in low key. Everyone came to our house and we have Frostys from Wendy's. I am not really into cake very much, so this is usually what I pick, much to Olivia's dismay. The mere mention of birthdays sends her into a frenzy of excitement about cake. Lucky for her my dad's birthday is in a couple of weeks.
We are expecting storms for the next few days. Guess we will be hanging around the house quite a bit. I have birthday gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, though. Shopping just may have to be on the agenda.


3 comments:
Those pictures are GREAT! :) I know, it goes by so fast. I know we will say that a thousand more times too, but it's so very true.
Happy Birthday to you. A frosty from Wendy's sounds delicious. I am glad you had a good birthday friend! :))
Hi there!
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
Your pictures are fantatic!!!
And Happy Bday to you! Mine is tomorrow. :)
Happy Birthday! And such cute pictures!
Post a Comment