Monday, February 21, 2011

Le Boudoir

I finally, and I do mean finally got around to taking some photos of the bedroom.  We had it painted a few days before Thanksgiving.  And since I make the bed the way it's supposed to be only for special occasions, a photo op rarely happened.  (Just to ease my conscience here... I do make the bed every day.  I just rarely go to the trouble to putting all the extra pillows on and opening the curtains and hiding the remotes.)  Anyway. 

I had an idea of how I wanted the room painted for a while.  Then a bright idea hit me one day.  Stripes.  Horizontal stripes!  I actually never thought it would happen because I knew neither of us would likely have the time nor the patience to actually get the job done.  Plus, I wasn't sure Jose would go for it.  But, I really should never doubt him.  We actually agree on almost everything as far as changes to the house goes.  Things I was sure he would hate he actually prefers.  Another reason I love him! 

We got a quote to have the room painted and it was doable.  I figured why not ask and see how much extra it would be to have stripes painted on one wall.  I was prepared for it to be to expensive to have done.  Guess what.  $50 extra!  That's it!  I said yes before the guy could change his mind.  And most importantly, I LOVE IT! 

Before

Builder grade paint, old bedding, relocated lamps.

After

Overhead light on... which never happens.

Overhead light off.  The way we usually see it.

Lamps from Target.  Love.

And with my snow day DIY art project,

Ahhhh...



Thanks for stopping by.  Amazing what paint can do.

5 comments:

Nicolle said...

Gorgeous! Our bedroom is so ugly. I hate to even admit that. I don't even like going in there. It needs a makeover, big time.

Nicolle said...

Gorgeous! Our bedroom is so ugly. I hate to even admit that. I don't even like going in there. It needs a makeover, big time.

The Lovebugs said...

Great job!

Melanie said...

LOVE it! I love the stripes. Lovely!

Debbiedoos said...

How pretty. I just redid ours too, and Love it. Hop on over I have an awesome chalk paint giveaway going on now.