Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Five

This is the birthday she has been looking forward to and I have been dreading.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I am blessed beyond measure to have a healthy little girl but the fact is, it just went too fast.  It doesn't seem that long ago that I held my tiny preemie and thought about how long it would be before she turned 5 and would head off to school.  It was something I couldn't even wrap my brain around while holding my 5 pound peanut.  But, it's here.  She's 5 today.  In just a matter of months, she will head off to school and I know before I know it she will be graduating high school and leaving to live her own life.  Obviously, I want all of these things for her. I'd like to think that I will never make her feel guilty if she chooses to go to college in another state or eventually get married and move across the country.  In fact, I want her to have those kinds of experiences.  As much as I know I'll miss her.  But, that's a long time away... right?

Today we are celebrating 5 amazing, challenging, laughter filled, stressful, wonderful years.  The day she was born was the beginning of a brand new life for her daddy and I.  She has brought so much joy and happiness (and more gray hairs than I'd care to mention) into our lives.  She is insanely smart.  An awesome big sister.  A jokester.  Very tender hearted.  Loves animals.  Loves her great grandmother.  Cautious.  Challenging.  Spirited.  Extremely quick learner.  Stubborn.  Eager to please.  My big helper.  Beautiful.  Loves surprises.  Major sweet tooth.  Articulate.  Full of life and energy.

She is the love of our lives.


December 2010

January 12, 2006

Happy Birthday our beautiful FiaBird.  Your daddy and I love you to the moon and back.  Always, always, always.  And that will never stop.

3 comments:

The Lovebugs said...

So sweet! Brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to experience what a mother's love feels like. I guess I've got some practice with my pup, right? :) Happy Birthday to Sofia (and you will be okay mom!).

Nicolle said...

What a sweet and beautiful post. Happy birthday! It goes way too fast, it is so wonderful and fun and stressful and all of those things you said. She is a true beauty and I can tell how much she is loved.

:)

Melanie said...

Happy birthday to the girl:) She is adorable! Looks like hubby;-)