Monday, September 20, 2010

There's No Place Like Home


Drum Roll Please....  At looooooong last... My completed living room!   Kelly's Korner is hosting another blog party to show off living rooms.  I missed it last time since we were deep in the middle of our latest living room redo. Please excuse the quality of photos as I took these quickly at around midnight because I just didn't have desire to edit the ones I took a month or more ago.  These were fast and furious because I just wanted to get these posted so you all know I do, in fact, have a living room. 


The Entry Way.  Seemed appropriate.

The Entry Hall adorned with pictures of my girls.  (Probably time to update them!)


Looking into the living room from the entry. I had already turned off the LR lamps. Oh well...

My entry table.  Probably my favorite spot.  Love the red lamps here.They're from Hobby Lobby.

My living room! Sofas from Pottery Barn. Lamps from Hobby Lobby. Curtains, Lowe's (of all places!) The paint is French Silver by Behr from Home Depot.

My photo wall.  I am proud to say I took them all.  This area was the hardest for me to decorate.  I am glad it's time for fall stuff.  Otherwise I'd be screwed!  I used a lot of blue in the summer but it's slowly being replaces with reds and oranges for fall.  This photo makes it look insanely cluttered which it really isn't.  Wish I could come up with a better way to display and access our books.  Suggestions?

I actually like my hodge podge of floral and natural mix.  I plan to do something more to it near Christmas.  The floor lamp is a work in progress.  I love the shade but need to paint the base black.

This view shows you a bit more of the paint and our leather ottoman/table.  It's one of my favorite things.  I got it for Mother's Day before we even had kids at Haverty's.

Our Mantel.  Another work in progress.  Again, thank goodness it fall accessory time!  It still needs some punch.  What would you do?

Some of my fall Sparklies...

Another view.  I am loving the gray walls and orange accents.

My odd little table set up.  It had a happy home next to the sofa at the back of the room until we bought these sofas.  Now it doesn't fit right so it's living here.  I am not in love with it, but I am in love with the lamp from Home Goods.  (I love everything from there.)  I will make it work somehow.  This is temporary.

And in this last one, you can see our hardwood floors.  We absolutely love them.  They are very dark but it's exactly what I was going for.  They do show lots of dust.  That's why I don't photograph them much!

One more, because I know you want to know where our life source is (the TV).  It lives here.  It never looks like this.  It's always open. Day and Night.  I almost forgot how pretty it was!


So, that wraps up my living room tour.  Again, I apologize for the quality of the photos.  I really wanted my post to be one of those with magazine quality photography.  I know I am capable of better, but this will have to do.  But COME BACK when it's kitchen week!  Big surprise to reveal to you all.  I have never been happier with my kitchen so I am excited to show it off! 

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your living room is goregous! I love the gray walls and the white couches! Very crisp and clean. I could NEVER pull of a solid white couch... You do a good job at it with TWO! =) We have a cream leather couch set which I love because it just wipes clean! I love your space and all the fall deco!

Bethany said...

Beautiful and very welcoming! Great job :).

Adrienne said...

i love your white furniture. it wouldn't stay clean in my house very long.

Cheri said...

Beautiful! Honestly, with your fireplace I would do something dramatic - put in a white wood surround outside the tile. The mantle seems tiny and the tile seems lonely. I would use some thick wood and put some "legs" to a beefier mantle. I bet you would love it!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Love all your fun lamps!

Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

Nicolle said...

Your living room is beautiful! You put mine to shame girlfriend. I am not a decorator at all. Maybe one day you can come decorate mine! :)

Unknown said...

You have an amazing living space. I love the autumn decorations.
And the lamps are definitely one of my favorites.

Dina said...

I love it! It looks great. I really love all the lamps and of course your beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty room! Love the zebra pillows!

Faith's Place said...

You have a beautiful home!!! Love your taste in colors and patterns!

Tracy said...

It looks beautiful! Love the colors....and the dark floors, and the lamps...all of them. You did an awesome job! Cant wait to see the kitchen.

4 Lettre Words said...

Lovely home! GREAT Fall decor. I'm planning to do that this week.

Lindsey said...

love your living room - esp the zebra pillows. i'm on the hunt for perfect zebra pillows for my basement!
love all your fall decor as well!

Misty said...

Love your photo frame collage. Nice and clean looking.

Jenny said...

Yes, we do have similar styles because I LOVE YOUR ROOM - especially the curtains and frames!

The Lovebugs said...

PASS! Great job, Staci! You did really well on coordinating everything. Very proud of you!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

OH they look fantastic!!! I absolutely love that style. I just think they are too big for our room...I need to look into it more and see if they have a smaller size. LOVE! Thank so much for your help!