Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I feel the need...

Rarely do I have the urge to shop for myself these days. It's far more fun to shop for little girl's clothes. Besides, they look much cuter in any clothing than I do anyway. But once in a great while, it strikes. And I can't concentrate on much else.


This is one of those times.

Maybe it's the earliest signs of the the seasons beginning to change. Maybe it's all the blogs I read where I see very stylish girls (many of whom are also mothers of young children). Maybe it's simply the fact that most days, I stay in pajamas or sweats and when I go get the chance to get dressed up, I have absolutely nothing to wear (despite my overflowing closet, much to my husband's dismay) and end up wearing the same ole same ole. My uniform, I call it.

Well, I've given in to the urge and done some online shopping lately. I am trying to get out of my comfort zone a bit and stop buying everything in black. (Though I did get a few things in my "go to" color.) I even bought a couple of summer dresses. I've decided I am going to be that person, despite what the scale says. I can't live in sweats in the summer in the south.

I shopped exclusively at Old Navy, which I actually love. They are casually fashionable, have great basics, are very affordable and whoever does their sizing is my personal hero. Honestly, I have to size down a couple of sizes when I shop with them! That rarely happens. I bought a couple of shirts there in the fall in what I thought was my size, only to find it was waaaay to big. They are both still in my closet and I have tried a couple of times to wear them, but change every time because they are obviously too big.

I picked out some cute stuff, in my opinion, and have illusions (or rather delusions) or grandeur as how to they will look and how I will accessorize them. That's another area I vow to work on this spring/summer. I will spend time accessorizing my outfits... at least when I leave the house. A trip to Sam Moon, Compass, Charming Charlies in order... soon.

Here are some of my picks. I hope they work and I end up looking fabulous in them. A girl can dream, right?
This black top is something I'm morally opposed to. It's sleeveless. But the ruffles are To.Die.For.

I adore this color. I may never wear it, but I hope to.

I totally gave in to the maxi dress craze. We'll see if I leave the house in it.

Nice, simple, clean white shirt. My favorite!

I love these short sweaters. Nice to cover fat arms!

Yes, this black, but who doesn't need a cute black dress?

4 comments:

Scrapper54 said...

Good for you. Nothing like a little shopping to cheer up a girl. Uncle Wes

The Lovebugs said...

Um...if you don't wear all that, just wrap it up and send it to TN! I love your choices...and am quite jealous. I admit, I am a SUCKER for a cute dress - one that you can dress up or down. Now, even though I am a sucker for one, doesn't meant my closet overfloweth...I have the hardest time finding them! I digress. But in all seriousness, great picks, you will be a HOT mom and send what you don't like. ;) Love you. Laney

Tracy said...

Ha! You took the words straight out of my mouth! You deserve it. All the stuff is so pretty. You will look great!!

Nicolle said...

Those are all very cute outfits.

I have no clothes right now, at all. It's depressing! ugh.