Thursday, August 23, 2012

Working Off Site (AKA: Vacation with Kids)


*The other day on another blog, I saw someone refer to a vacation with two small children being referred to as "working off-site."  That couldn't be more true! Especially at Disney!

It's late and as much as I'd love to review all the details of our latest trip, some will have to wait. School starts Tuesday and I am trying (unsuccessfully) to get myself on a human schedule.  


But, the highlights are that we took the girls to Disney World earlier this month.  It was Olivia's first time to go and her first airplane ride.  She actually loved it. Which is saying something since our flight was delayed 3 1/2 hours.  But, we made it and hung around the hotel that evening.

Our first two days we spent at The Magic Kingdom.  First stop, the carousel.  Olivia probably could've done it a million times.  The girls got new princess dresses even though we bought them each a new one before the trip.  Olivia picked Belle and Sofia picked Tinkerbell.  Olivia insisted on wearing hers all day the next day, despite the fact that it was in the 90's with 100% humidity.  (Seriously, most miserable I have ever been! I do NOT like to sweat!) It was very fitting though, considering the day she  dressed up was the day we met out first few real princesses!  Even at 6 1/2, Sofia was equally as excited.

Our third day, we went to Epcot and had a Princess breakfast.  They were all gussied up in their dresses we brought especially for the event, but even at 10am, we were all soaked in sweat and they ditched the  dresses before we ever even got in the door.  It was fine, though.  They still got showered with attention and had the time of their lives.  We went to Downtown Disney that night and had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.

We attempted a trip to Animal Kingdom.  We were going especially to buy Sofia a pair of leopard print Mickey ears. We rode all the way out there on a bus, stopped at the gift shop outside the gate, bought the ears and headed right back to the bus.  It was just too hot and there's a ton of walking and Olivia was asking to be carried by the time we were 10 yards from the bus.  We know when we've been beat and this was it.  We decided to swim instead.

We spent our last day at Magic Kingdom again to hunt down the elusive princesses we were missing.  We spent 4 hours at the park the last day and literally all we did was stand in line to meet Jasmine, the girl from Brave and get sodas.  Yep, 4 hours for 2 meetings and one Coke.  (The Coke was totally worth it by the way!) 

All in all, it was a great trip.  Olivia did great on most of the rides.  She wasn't thrilled with the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  It was too dark and too loud.  They both loved The Haunted Mansion, of all things.  Sofia was a daredevil and I think she would've gotten on any ride in the park as long as Daddy was with her.  I am glad they can bond over wild rides. Those days are behind me and honestly, I was just happy not get an episode of vertigo at the teacups!

I still have one suitcase to unpack, almost 2 weeks later.  It's semi-unpacked.  Soon school will start and I will have some free time. Or as free as it can get with 2 kiddos.  Back to schedules and uniforms and packing lunches and getting up before the sun.  Sleeping in... I think I'll miss you most of all.
Leaving on a jet plane.

Wilderness Lodge




Worn out.


Evening fireworks.

Our big girl.


My favorite photo of the trip.  She spotted Belle and Belle spotted her.   It was magic.
(During the afternoon parade.)

It was hot, but not as hot as Sofia's shirt reflects.  She kept staying herself with the misting fan.

Belle meeting Belle.  Sofia's face is priceless.

With the Big Guys.

All dressed up for their Princess breakfast.  Then 5 minutes before walking in, they stripped their dresses off because they were so hot.

Princess Breakfast

At the Finding Nemo Aquarium at Epcot.  Goofy Goober.






Screen shot of Jose and Olivia on the Buzz Lightyear ride. Jose was pretty into it.

1 comments:

Nicolle said...

I love these photos! The girls look adorable all dressed up. I can't wait to take Boyd one day.

Such sweet memories for your girls!