Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our Fourth


Happy Belated Independence Day!

We had a great fourth of July. It's a holiday we spend like most of America. And I love it. We started the day with a fun parade in a historic part of town. Then we had brunch with my cousins. In the afternoon we headed to my grandmother's for swimming and a cookout. My aunt and uncle were in town from Arkansas so we had fun visiting with them and having a good ole American lunch of hot dogs and hamburgers.  We ended the day with fireworks.  The girls had such a great time. Olivia was asleep before we made it back to the main road after the fireworks ended. I love days like that.  The ones where I am certain my girls had fun. And get good and sleepy!

July 4 falling on a Wednesday, though, is very inconvenient.  Poor Jose had to go back to work the next day. That's no fun/  
The weather was great, though. I can't remember the last July 4th that wasn't over 100 degrees. Last year was miserable. We had over 2 months of 100+ degree days. This year it was actually a comfortable 95.  If you are from Texas, that totally makes sense to you.  Yes, 95 is July is quite comfortable.  Looks like we may even have a day this week with a high of 90 with rain.  Might need to break out the Uggs. That's darned near chilly during a Texas summer!

That's all I have for tonight. Those Housewives aren't going to watch themselves.

0 comments: