Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birthdays, Barbecue and Bobo

Saturday night we went to the 40th Birthday party of a high school friend of mine.  Just for the record, he was a couple of years ahead of me.  I'm not 40, yet!  The party was at a barbecue restaurant in the Stockyards.  Sounds casual, but they went all out!  We had some delicious food.  There was a DJ and dancing.  It was totally a blast.  We took they girls and they had the best time.  They were front and center during almost every song and poor Olivia's feet were covered in blisters the next day.  My girls love their dancing.

Bobo, in black, and his sparkly wife.  That flowery dress and purple dress behind our hostess belong to me.  Told you... right in the middle.


My youngest, front and center again.

This photo is blurry but totally captures the mood of the night.  Notice both of Olivia's feet are off the ground.  They never stopped dancing.

Our lovely hostess.

Me and Bobo.  We look just like we did in high school.  Or not.  He kind of does.  Me, not so much.

Me and my big girl at the party.
It was really fun getting to see my friend from high school, too, and meet his wife and kids.  We met back in high school French class.  We called him Bobo.  We went on a couple of dates but were better friends.  He used to drive this amazing little red Alfa Romeo convertible and I really thought I was hot stuff driving around with him in that thing.  He now has a gorgeous (and very stylish) wife and 5 beautiful kids.  I was nice to see how many people turned to celebrate his 40 years.  It says a lot when you can fill a large room with so many people that love you.  We can all only hope to be so lucky.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That cake is fabulous and your baby looks just like her daddy:)

Nicolle said...

You look great! I love the one of Olivia's feet off the ground. That is so funny. What a great party. I totally remember him too.

:)

Dina said...

It looks like you guys had fun! Did you wear your new silver shoes? Those are so cute!