I will elaborate more on this later, maybe when my tears dry. And I stop puking.
My new sofas were delivered today. My beautiful, white Pottery Barn slipcovered sofas. I was not nearly as afraid of them as I have been imagining I would be. Everyone kept warning me about having white anything with two small children and a dog (who happens to be white thankyouverymuch.) The only thing that gave me confidence in making this purchase was the fact that I've read so many blogs about people who are living with white slipcovers and dogs and kids and how they have survived and how everything comes out in the wash, so to speak.
What no one warned me about was me.
I am the clumsiest person alive.
Not two hours after we put the slipcovers on, in an attempt to light some candles and admire my new room, I turned and right into the side of one of the sofas with a lighter. You know, one of those long ones used to light deep set candles. Yep. Black soot stains on my new white sofa. I might have to take a break here and go throw up.
I treated with stain remover and washed right away. Already in the washer on day one. That's just sad. They are spread out in the kitchen now drying, but the spot is still there. I am scared to try bleach, through at the point how much more damage could I do? I knew they would get dirty and grimy and probably even stained over time. Just not on day one... by me.
If you know any miracle cures for white canvas fabric and black ash/soot, I am all ears. That is, if I can pull myself together enough to actually make it back to the computer. Sorry. Couldn't bring myself to post photos. It's one of those moments I'd rather not remember.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Living with white
Posted by Staci at 11:45 PM
Labels: living room, sofas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm sorry! How horrible :(. Maybe this link can help.
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/stains2
Ok...I have a few suggestions:
1. Shout Advance...don't turn your head just yet. I have used this COUNTLESS times on set-in stains. The trick is that you MUST leave it on the stain for 1 week, at least. Yes, treat it, rub it in and let it dry...for one week. Then wash. I have gotten out old grease stains from my clumsiness eating habits perfectly. It WORKS!
2. Try "Kids and Pets" stain remover. You can get this at Wal-Mart...mine is found on the very bottom shelf of the carpet cleaner section by the grocery department. It's a yello round bottle with a pull cap on it. It's about $5.00. This stuff is AMAZING! We love it in our house. You literally drench the stain...let it sit for a minute then wipe up. I've used it on wine and red diffuser oil. Took everything right out.
Hope my two suggestions work! Let me know if they do :)
W O W!!!
That totally sounds like somthing I would do! Good Luck removing it, your page is georgous!!!! ;)
Post a Comment